Product added to cart
Korg Modwave synthesizer
Shipping 1-2 Business Days
Progear on turvaline ostukoht internetis
Turvaline ostukoht on E-kaubanduse Liidu poolt väljastatav usaldusmärgis Eesti e-poodidele. Usaldusmärgisega e-poodidest ostmine on tarbija jaoks turvaline, sest e-poe müügitingimused vastavad seaduses kehtestatud nõuetele ning nende tegevust monitooritakse liidu poolt järjepidevalt.
Loe lähemalt siit
All Estonian citizens or people with valid residence and work permit, can apply for installed payments through our partners: Inbank, LHV Hire-purchase, Holm Pank Liisi Hire-purchase. More info here: https://www.progear.eu/payment-methods/
We ship to all European Union Countries together with DPD. Please find out more about free shipping, depending on the order amount and destination, here: https://www.progear.eu/delivery-and-handling-fees/
If for some reason the goods purchased from the e-shop are not suitable for you, you can return the product(s) within 14 days, before taking it into use. We will refund the purchase amount immediately, but not later than within 14 days (in accordance to e-shop General Terms and Conditions of Sale, Section 4.).
In order to return a product, please complete our return form or send a withdrawal application in free form to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Product has to be returned or send back to Progear Showroom at Artelli 19, 10621, Tallinn, EE.
Synthesis powerhouse with distinctive wavetable timbres, Kaoss Physics, and Motion Sequencing 2.0.
In 1985, Korg's DW-8000 combined digital wavetables with rich analog filters to give users sounds which were impossible to create with analog oscillators. It's still a cult favorite today.
modwave builds on the DW legacy and transforms it into a modern monster synth, featuring incredibly deep wavetable oscillators, gorgeous filters, wildly flexible modulation, unmatched polyphony, comprehensive pattern sequencing, and immediately satisfying hands-on control to deliver unique, powerful, and easily customizable sounds and phrases.
modwave also introduces two unique new tools for creating dynamic motion: Kaoss Physics and Motion Sequencing 2.0. Kaoss Physics combines an x/y Kaoss pad with modulatable game physics to create a responsive, interactive controller that is—besides being powerful— a lot of fun to explore. Motion Sequencing 2.0 brings the organic, continuously evolving patterns of the wavestate's Wave Sequencing 2.0 into the world of motion sequencing, including multiple lanes and real-time recording to help you create complex and evolving phrases that other step sequencers cannot.
Like Wave Sequencing 2.0 (wavestate) and altered FM (opsix), modwave’s evolved wavetable synthesis delivers its own brand of completely unique sounds and a knob-per-function layout that makes customizing those sounds fast and easy. There are hundreds of preset sounds empowered by this new architecture, organized by front-panel category buttons, and all instantly customizable via the four Mod Knobs. modwave's distinctive wavetable timbres start with aggressive basses & leads, and lush ambient pads which will add a new dimension to your tracks. But that is just the beginning.
Those who want to dig deeper will find an endless source of discovery; with the modwave’s unique synth architecture, you'll be finding new things for a long, long time. Save as many of your sounds as you like; there's room for thousands more. You can also load your own samples, import wavetables in standard formats, and create your own wavetables using the free WaveEdit software.
modwave synthesis engine
When we call the wavetable oscillators "deep," we are not kidding. Start with over 200 wavetables, each containing up to 64 waveforms—from thousands of individual waves. Use the 30+ Modifiers to change their basic character, and the 13 Morph Types to process them in real-time. Create new hybrids from any two wavetables using the unique, realtime A/B Blend. Quick math: that's over 230 million wavetable variations out of the box, and that’s before you even add modulation.
No need to stop there, though! Expand your palette even more by importing new wavetables using the Editor/Librarian software. Try the many free and commercial wavetable libraries in the standard Serum format*, or create your own using the free, cross-platform WaveEdit , now available in a custom version for the modwave. Layer wavetables with samples from the built-in, multi-gigabyte PCM library, or import up to 4 GB of your own samples using Korg’s Sample Builder software.
- * If an imported wavetable has more than 64 waveforms, it is assumed to be a generated crossfade, and some of the intermediate waveforms are dropped to create a 64-waveform version.
Each Program has two full-featured wavetable oscillators, plus a sub oscillator/noise generator and any of a dozen stereo filter types, including the aggressive MS-20, sweet Polysix, and the newly enhanced Multi Filter. Animate almost any parameter using the massively flexible modulation system, with four triggerable envelopes, five LFOs, dual mod processors and two key-track generators–plus multi-lane Motion Sequencing and Kaoss Physics.
Even with all that synthesis power, playing up to four simultaneous wavetables per voice in a single Program, the modwave still achieves 32-voice polyphony, incredible for a wavetable synth. Layer two Programs together for double the possibilities.
Deeper into the synth engine
What's a wavetable?
Wavetables are sets of single-cycle digital waveforms, arranged in a specific order. The wavetable's "position" determines which waveform is played. Moving the position with an envelope, LFO, or other modulation source creates subtle or dramatic changes in timbre. Some wavetable systems switch abruptly from one waveform to another; others crossfade smoothly between them. The modwave can do either one.
Use over 30 Modifiers to alter the character of any wavetable at load time. For instance, isolate the odd or even harmonics, add weight through anti-aliased quantization or saturation, or revisit the gritty character of old-school wavetable synths with the Vintage 8 & 12 options.
The 13 Morph Types let you stretch, squeeze, reflect, and otherwise alter the wavetables in real-time, changing their timbre and—when modulated—creating additional motion in the sound. Sync creates classic swept-sync timbres, using only a single oscillator. Three special Morph Types—FM, AM, and Ring Mod—modulate Osc 2 with Osc 1, and the last two even apply to samples.
Using the unique A/B mode, oscillators can blend any two wavetables with phase-synchronous precision—different from simply layering voices—opening up a dimension of intermediate waveforms. Add body to otherwise "thin" waveforms, for instance, or a touch of sizzle to a mellow timbre. Even fade between two different "modifier" versions of the same wavetable. A/B Blend can be modulated in real-time, of course.
Gigabytes of samples
Wavetables also sound great when layered with samples, and the modwave oscillators handle that with aplomb. Totaling in the gigabytes, the modwave’s sample library includes new material from KORG, Airwave, and Francis Preve, plus a bank from Plugin Guru and a selection from the Kronos and Krome libraries.
- Keyboard: 37 keys (velocity and release-velocity sensitive)
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 stereo voices
- Sound generating system: modwave synthesis engine
- Controllers: Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Kaoss Physics, 4x Mod Knobs
- Other Sources: 4x Envelopes, 5x LFOs, 2x Mod Processors, 2x Key Track, Seq Lanes A-D, Step Pulse, Tempo, Program/Performance Note Count, Program/Performance Voice Count, Poly Legato, Velocity, Exponential Velocity, Release Velocity, Gate, Gate+Damper, Note-On Trigger, Note-On Trigger+Damper, Note Number, Aftertouch and Poly Aftertouch (external MIDI only), MIDI CCs +/-, MIDI CCs +
- Destinations: Most parameters can be modulated, including parameters of individual Motion Sequence Steps. Depending on Motion Sequence length, there can be more than 1,000 potential modulation targets per Program.
- Pre FX: Decimator, Graphic EQ, Guitar Amp, Modern Compressor, Parametric EQ, Red Compressor, Ring Modulator, Tremolo, Wave Shaper
- Mod FX: Black Chorus/Flanger, Black Phase, CX-3 Vibrato Chorus, EP Chorus, Harmonic Chorus, Modern Chorus, Modern Phaser, Orange Phase, Polysix Ensemble, Small Phase, Talking Modulator, Vintage Chorus, Vintage Flanger, Vintage/Custom Wah, Vox Wah
- Delay: L/C/R Delay, Multiband Mod Delay, Reverse Delay, Stereo/Cross Delay, Tape EchoMaster ReverbEarly Reflections, OverbMaster EQ4-band parametric EQ
- Inputs/outputs: Headphone (6.3 mm stereo phone jack), OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks), DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack, half-damper not supported), MIDI IN and OUT connectors, USB B port
- Power supply: AC adapter (DC12V, 2500mA)
- Sold separately: DS-1H damper pedal, PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch
- Power consumption: 5 W
- Dimensions (W × D × H)565 × 338 × 92 mm
- Weight: 2.9 kg
*Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.
- Korg Modwave synthesizer x1
- AC adapter x1
Write Your Own Review