Product added to cart
Korg MS-20 mini analog synthesizer
€522.00 €435.00 €640.00
-118€You save 18%
Progear on turvaline ostukoht internetis
Turvaline ostukoht on E-kaubanduse Liidu poolt väljastatav usaldusmärgis Eesti e-poodidele. Usaldusmärgisega e-poodidest ostmine on tarbija jaoks turvaline, sest e-poe müügitingimused vastavad seaduses kehtestatud nõuetele ning nende tegevust monitooritakse liidu poolt järjepidevalt.
Loe lähemalt siit
All Estonian citizens or people with valid residence and work permit, can apply for installed payments through our partners: Inbank, LHV Hire-purchase, Holm Pank Liisi Hire-purchase. More info here: https://www.progear.eu/payment-methods/
We ship to all European Union Countries together with DPD. Please find out more about free shipping, depending on the order amount and destination, here: https://www.progear.eu/delivery-and-handling-fees/
If for some reason the goods purchased from the e-shop are not suitable for you, you can return the product(s) within 14 days, before taking it into use. We will refund the purchase amount immediately, but not later than within 14 days (in accordance to e-shop General Terms and Conditions of Sale, Section 4.).
In order to return a product, please complete our return form or send a withdrawal application in free form to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Product has to be returned or send back to Progear Showroom at Artelli 19, 10621, Tallinn, EE.
Korg MS 20 Mini Analog Synthesizer
Korg's MS-20 monophonic synthesizer, first introduced in 1978, is still a coveted instrument to this day, thanks to its thick, robust sound, its powerful, iconic analog filter, and its versatile patching options. Today, the sounds of the MS-20 have been reborn in hardware, as the MS-20 Mini. The same engineers who developed the original MS-20 have perfectly reproduced its circuitry and fit into a body that's been shrunk to 86% of the original size, yet retains the distinctive look of the original. The MS-20 mini will amaze you with its absolutely authentic analog synth sound.
The MS-20 analog synth -- recreated in mini size!
MS-20's design concept started by borrowing from the vertical layout found on larger and more expensive modular synths of its time, and then creating a more portable, inexpensive, and easier-to-use version. To make it even more approachable, the MS-20 mini has been shrunk to 86% of the size of the original MS-20. In spite of its smaller size, meticulous care has been taken to accurately reproduce the knob design and the printing. The patch cables have been changed from 1/4" phone plugs to mini-plugs, and the keyboard is also 86% of the original size.
Replicates every detail of the original
The MS-20 mini painstakingly replicates the original MS-20. A development team led by the original engineers themselves worked to recreate the original circuitry, and when it was necessary to substitute a part, these engineers made the decisions based on careful listening, in order to reproduce the original sound faithfully. In fact, the sound of the MS-20 mini has a somewhat bright and extreme quality to it because its sound is that of an original MS-20 in mint condition at the time it went on sale, before any of the components aged.
2VCO / 2VCF / 2VCA / 2EG / 1LFO structure
The MS-20 mini reproduces the distinctive synthesis of the MS-20; two oscillators with ring modulation, and envelope generators with hold and delay. The VCA maintains the basic design of the original, but it's been modified to produce less noise than the original.
Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distortion
One of the greatest characteristics of the MS-20 was its powerful filters, which provided resonance on both the high-pass and the low-pass. Maximizing the resonance would cause the filter to self-oscillate like an oscillator, producing a distinctive and dramatic tonal change that was acclaimed as inimitable, and was later used on the monotron and monotribe. The filter circuit was changed mid-way through the production lifecycle of the MS-20; the MS-20 mini uses the earlier filter, which was felt to be superior due to its more radical sound.
External signal processor (ESP)
The ESP carries on the experimental spirit of MS-20; it allows you to use the pitch or volume of an external audio source to control the synthesizer. For example you can input an electric guitar and use the MS-20 mini as a guitar synthesizer, or input a mic and use it as a vocal synthesizer.
Extremely flexible patching system
The patching system provided to the right of the panel lets you create complex sounds by plugging-in cables to change the connections between the various units. The possibilities are limited only by the user's imagination; different combinations of the modulation input/output and trigger, sample and hold, and noise generator can produce an incredible variety of sounds. By patching according to the MS-20 flow chart that's printed on the panel, even the beginner can start taking advantage of these possibilities right away.
5-pin DIN MIDI IN and USB MIDI
The MS-20 mini provides a MIDI IN jack for receiving note messages, and a USB-MIDI connector that can transmit and receive note messages. You can even connect the MS20 mini to your computer and play it from a sequencer.
Original Korg MS-20 Manual Included
Korg's effort to remain faithful to the original is not limited to the unit itself. Even the package that contains the unit replicates the original as far as possible. Also included are the original MS-20 owner's manual and settings chart, explaining how to create sounds. Now you can experience the excitement of the MS20, just like it was during its original release in 1978.
- Overseen by the engineers of the original MS-20; a complete replication of the original analog circuitry
- 2VCO / 2VCA / 2VCF / 2EG / 1LFO structure
- Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
- External signal processor (ESP)
- Extremely flexible patching system
- Miniature MS-20 that's 86% of the original size
- MIDI IN and USB connector
- Replicates every detail of the original, down to the package binding and the included manual
- Keyboard: C – C: 37-notes (3 octaves), mini keyboard designed specifically for the MS-20 mini
- Manual controller: Control wheel (center click), Momentary switch -->GND
- Input and Output: Signal In: Amplifier Out, Band pass filter Out, CV Out (0 - +8.4V), ENV Out (0 - +5V), Trig Out (+5V-->GND),
- Signal out: Signal output (mono 1/8" mini phone jack, 2Vp-p output impedance 3.5k Ω)
- Head phones: Head phones output (Stereo 1/8" mini phone jack, 33 Ω 48mW),
- USB: Type B, USB-MIDI Input/Output. *Only note messages (velocity is not used) can be transmitted and received.
- MIDI: MIDI Input. *Only note messages (velocity is not used) can be transmitted and received.
- Power Supply: DC9V
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator 1 (VCO 1): Scale (32', 16', 8', 4') (6 octaves, +cent, -cent). Wave form (Triangle, Sawtooth, PW-Square, White Noise) (4 modes). Pulse width adjust 1:1 - 1:infinity
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator 2 (VCO 2): Scale (16', 8', 4', 2') (6 octaves, +cent, -cent). Wave form (Sawtooth, Square, Pulse, Ring modulator) (4 modes). Pitch (± 1 octave)
- VCO Master control: Master tune (± 100cent). Portamento (max. 10sec). FFrequency modulation intensity by MG/T.EXT (-5V - +5V). Frequency modulation intensity by EG1/EXT (-5V - 0V)
- VCO Mixer: VCO 1 Level; VCO 2 Level
- Manual controller: Control wheel (center click); Momentary switch -->GND
- Dimensions: 49,3 x 25,7 x 20,8 cm
- Weight: 4,8 kg
- Korg MS-20 mini synthesizer x1
- AC adapter x1
- Patch Cables patching cables x10
Write Your Own Review