Product added to cart
€1,072.55 €893.79 €1,129.00
-56,45€You save 5%
Progear on turvaline ostukoht internetis
Turvaline ostukoht on E-kaubanduse Liidu poolt väljastatav usaldusmärgis Eesti e-poodidele. Usaldusmärgisega e-poodidest ostmine on tarbija jaoks turvaline, sest e-poe müügitingimused vastavad seaduses kehtestatud nõuetele ning nende tegevust monitooritakse liidu poolt järjepidevalt.
Loe lähemalt siit
All Estonian citizens or people with valid residence and work permit, can apply for installed payments through our partners: Inbank, LHV Hire-purchase, Holm Pank Liisi Hire-purchase. More info here: https://www.progear.eu/payment-methods/
We ship to all European Union Countries together with DPD. Please find out more about free shipping, depending on the order amount and destination, here: https://www.progear.eu/delivery-and-handling-fees/
If for some reason the goods purchased from the e-shop are not suitable for you, you can return the product(s) within 14 days, before taking it into use. We will refund the purchase amount immediately, but not later than within 14 days (in accordance to e-shop General Terms and Conditions of Sale, Section 4.).
In order to return a product, please complete our return form or send a withdrawal application in free form to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Product has to be returned or send back to Progear Showroom at Artelli 19, 10621, Tallinn, EE.
36-Channel USB & FireWire Audio Interface
High-End Converter with low latency Design
In doing this the Fireface UCX marks a new packing record: 300 electronic components more than inside the already well-stocked Fireface UC! In a tremendous effort RME packed once again all the latest technologies, introduced with the award winning flagship UFX, plus a bunch of newly developed ones, into a half 19 inch housing with full mobile usability.
The result is an awesome combination of RME's most successful products: Fireface UFX, Firefaces UC/400 and Babyface. The Fireface UCX is not just a smaller version of the smash hit UFX, with the HFX-core, the preamps and the complete effects engine. The UCX continues the tradition of RME's tremendously successful compact interfaces, and combines it with the Babyface's usability through the optional RME remotes.
- With the Fireface UCX RME reinvented an already perfect product, by improving existing features and characteristics plus adding sophisticated new ones:
- Low Latency mastering grade converters with outstanding specifications.
- Two mic preamps with the premium technology from RME's high-end recording bestsellers Micstasy and UFX, including the AutoSet overload protection.
- A newly developed Hammerfall audio core, supporting USB and FireWire with the maximum performance and ultra-low latency operation, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance, on both bus protocols.
- TotalMix FX with the complete Fireface UFX DSP engine, including all effects up to 192 kHz.
- Monitoring Controller: combining the impressive flexibility of the TotalMix FX monitoring tool set and the optional RME Remote Control.
- RME's unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox for Windows PC and Mac.
- Plus support for RME's Advanced Remote Control, active jitter suppression technology, professional reference level support, advanced stand-alone functionality, full 192 kHz operation, and last but not least two high speed MIDI I/Os.
- On top of it: The Fireface UCX is the first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple's iPad, for perfect stereo up to 18 channel recording and playback, and the addition of truly professional I/Os.
Inputs and Outputs
The UCX provides 36 channels of audio - 18 I/Os. All channels can be used at the same time. Up to 8 analog and 10 digital channels can be recorded onto 18 separate tracks. All outputs can be used for ASIO Direct Monitoring purposes.
The UCX provides 8 analog I/O in a very flexible combination:
On the rear: 4 balanced TRS. On the front: 2 XLR inputs with Mic/Line preamps (65 dB Gain) and 2 Hi-Z capable TRS Line/Instrument inputs..
On the rear: 6 balanced TRS outputs. On the front: One additional TRS stereo phones (playback channels 7/8). The high power phones output offers high volumes even with high-impedance headphones.
Equipped with a new 2011 A/D and D/A high-performance converter design all I/Os operate at up to 192 kHz. The AD/DA conversion supersedes the outstanding technical specifications of the Fireface UC/400 with an impressive 114 dBA dynamic range on both record and playback. The advanced multi-bit converter architecture guarantees excellent S/N and THD specs across a wide analog level range. In the best RME tradition and product philosophy, the UCX converters and preamps have no characteristic "sound" of their own. They neither add nor remove anything, but capture the original signal just as it is.
Due to its efficient jitter reduction, RME's superior SteadyClockTM finalizes the state-of-the-art AD/DA conversion, even when clocking to an external digital source.
LOW LATENCY CONVERTERS
All analog I/Os use a low latency converter design with impressive 14 samples for the ADC, and 7 samples for the DAC, independent of the used sample rate. These values are about a quarter of the Fireface UC/400 (43/28), and even outperform much more expensive devices. A technical breakthrough that reduces the overall latency of timing critical applications, in live situations, and in computer-based recording studios. The converter latency is so low (0.4 ms at 48 kHz) that it can be ignored, turning analog digital monitoring into real analog-style monitoring!
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL SUPPORT
A great converter needs to support the common studio levels for the perfect adaptation to other analog equipment without loosing headroom. Like all other RME devices the UCX supports the common professional studio levels: -10 dBV, +4 dBu, Lo / HiGain. The software-controlled reference levels, realized discretely in the analog domain, ensure highest dynamic range and fidelity.
- - Inputs 3 to 8: -10 dBV, +4 dBu and Lo Gain (adjustable in two groups - channels 3/4 and 5 to 8).
- - Outputs 1 to 8: -10 dBV, +4 dBu and Hi Gain (adjustable in two groups - channels 1 to 6 and 7/8).
Quality over quantity
The UCX provides two high-end mic and instrument preamps - built right into the front.
Like the famous UFX ones, both preamps use core technology of RME's Micstasy. A high-end preamp for supreme sonic demands and critical applications, like professional recordings of classical and acoustic music. The outstanding preamp design boasts extremely low distortion, excellent signal to noise ratio and a perfectly flat frequency response. A premium solution for transmitting and amplifying any audio source truly unchanged, be it high-level stage or typical studio signals, lower level and high-impedance instruments, or dynamic, condenser and ribbon microphones.
The digitally controlled gain of up to 65 dB, adjustable in steps of 1 dB over a range of 55 dB, is individually set for each preamp with the encoder knob on the front or in TotalMix FX on the host computer. All level settings are 100% reproducible and can also be adjusted using a MIDI remote controller.
Each channel can be individually switched to 48V phantom power. LEDs for signal, clip and activated phantom power give a complete overview on the unit's status.
The two TRS inputs on the front will alternatively operate as Hi-Z inputs. Directly plug in up to two guitars or other instruments - no other hardware is required.
CLASS COMPLIANT MODE
The Fireface UCX is the first fully professional audio interface with the option to be used as Class Compliant interface.
The Class Compliant mode is a standard that is natively supported by operating systems like Windows, Mac OSX and Linux distributions. No proprietary drivers are required, the device will be directly recognized when the CC mode is activated by the button on the front panel.
The Class Compliant mode allows for connecting the UCX to any Apple iPadTM!
The iPad is not only an attractive mobile music creation and recording platform, but a closed hard- and software system without common driver problems and interferences from 3rd party hardware, like graphic or network cards. It provides stability, a good realtime performance and an easy handling.
The UCX provides the iPad with the professional analog I/O connections it lacks. Superb microphone preamps with EQ, dynamics, even with the AutoSet feature, in addition to professional balanced line outputs, and a hi-power headphone output that also excels with high impedance headphones. Plus level and gain adjustments, SPDIF/ADAT I/O, reverb, echo, zero latency monitoring, digitally via USB, without any limitation in quality, at up to 96 kHz and 24 bit.
The UCX adds another special feature: Instead of using the jitter-prone USB clock, it works with its own internal SteadyClock. Many USB audio devices extract clock for DA conversion from the USB data packets, running in slave mode (adaptive mode), with comparably high jitter values, especially since most won't offer active jitter suppression. The UCX works in clock mode master (asynchronous mode), both during recording and playback, thus achieving the exact same sound quality with an iPad as under Windows and Mac OSX.
Supported Inputs and Outputs . When connected to an iPad, the analog mic/line input 1 works with mono apps, inputs 1 and 2 with stereo apps (both dual mono and stereo), and up to 8 inputs with 8-channel applications, like MultiTrack DAW and Music Studio. Garage Band supports all inputs, but only two at a time. Auria can record all 18 inputs simultaneously.
Playback will use analog outputs 1 and 2, or even more channels if the app supports such operation. The UCX can optionally copy the iPad playback channels 1/2 to outputs 7/8 and SPDIF/ADAT, for easier monitoring. All outputs can be processed independently (volume, EQ, dynamics, FX return).
AUDIO ROUTING AND PROCESSING
The UCX is also a very powerful tool in CC mode, and can even be pre-configured via TotalMix FX under Windows/Mac. Apart from the current configuration up to 6 previously saved configurations can be loaded from the setup memory, allowing for a quick reconfiguration without a connected host PC/Mac.
The input signal will pass through all activated functions of the TotalMix FX input channel, namely settings, EQ, and Dynamics, and is then sent to the iPad. Like under Windows and Mac, the input fader controls direct monitoring to any output. The FX send control for echo/reverb is also active. The iPad's output signal passes through all activated functions of the TotalMix FX hardware outputs, namely settings, EQ, and dynamics. The third row's fader sets the output level.
RME's unique jitter suppression technology guarantees perfect sound quality throughout, making the device completely independent from the quality of external clock signals. Due to the highly efficient jitter reduction, the UCX converters operate independently from the quality of the external clock signal, as if they are working with internal clock all the time - guaranteeing a pristine sound quality!
SteadyClock allows the Fireface UCX to control the sample rate freely on its own. The settings dialog includes a direct choice of the video and audio world's most often used sample rates.
Intelligent Clock Control not only displays every clock status, but will also retain the last valid input sample rate in case of failure of the external source. Other renowned RME technologies like SyncCheck offer a quick detection of clock problems.
The UCX comes with RME's unique software tool box for metering, testing, measuring and analyzing digital audio streams. It provides a multi-track recorder, calculates the level meters peak and RMS in hardware and is able to analyze and display playback data from any software, no matter which format the software uses.*
Stand Alone Operation with Setup Recall . Additionally internal memory allows for the permanent storage of six different states of the unit. Therefore the Fireface UCX is able to operate fully stand-alone, without any connected computer. In stand-alone operation it can transform into totally different devices by the simple click of a button. Furthermore, in this mode TotalMix FX can also be controlled via MIDI. Application examples include: 8-channel AD/DA converter, 4-channel mic preamp, monitor mixer, digital format converter, analog/digital routing matrix.
AD, Line In 5-8, rear
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 111 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.5 dB: 6 Hz - 20.6 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 6 Hz - 45.3 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: -1 dB: 5 Hz - 90 kHz
- THD: < -105 dB, < 0.0005 %
- THD+N: < -98 dB, < 0.0012%
- Maximum input level: +19 dBu
- Channel separation: > 110 dB
- Input: 6.3 mm TRS jack, electronically balanced
- Input sensitivity switchable to Lo Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ Lo Gain: +19 dBu
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
- DA, Line Out 1-6, rear
- Dynamic range (DR): 111 dB, 113 dBA @ 44.1 kHz (unmuted)
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.1 dB: 8 Hz - 20.4 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 6 Hz - 45 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 6 Hz - 90 kHz
- THD: -100 dB, < 0.001 %
- THD+N: -96 dB, < 0.0015 %
- Channel separation: > 110 dB
- Maximum output level: +19 dBu
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, servo-balanced
- Output impedance: 75 Ohm
- Output level switchable: Hi Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
- Line In 3-4, front
As AD, but:
- Additional Gain stage: 0 up to +12 dB
- Maximum input level, Lo Gain, Gain 0 dB:
- Line +19 dBu, Inst +13 dBu
- Maximum input level, -10 dBV, Gain 12 dB, Line:
- -7,5 dBu, Inst: -13,5 dBu
- Input impedance Inst: 470 kOhm
- Input Gain Inst: +6 dB
- Input mode: Line balanced (TRS), Inst unbalanced (TS)
- CLIP LED: 0 dBFS
- SIG LED: -60 dBFS
- DA - Phones, 7/8, front
As DA, but:
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 30 Ohm
- Word Clock
- BNC, switch for internal termination 75 Ohm
- Microphone/Line 1-2, front
As AD Line In 5-8, but:
- Input: Neutrik XLR/TRS Combo jack, electronically balanced
- Input impedance: XLR 2 kOhm, TRS 8 kOhm balanced
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 112 dB RMS unweighted, 115 dBA
- Low Roll Off -0.5 dB: 18 Hz, -1 dB: 12 Hz
- Gain range: 0 dB, +10 up to +65 dB
- Maximum input level XLR, Gain 0 dB: +10 dBu
- Maximum input level XLR, Gain 65 dB: -55 dBu
- Maximum input level TRS, Gain +0 dB: +21 dBu
- Maximum input level TRS, Gain +65 dB: -44 dBu
- CLIP LED: 0 dBFS
- SIG LED: -60 dBFS
- RME Fireface UCX 1 tk
Ask from Sales Specialists for more information about this product
+372 6728 280
Write Your Own Review